A WONDERFUL PLACE TO LIVE WELL.
Where else are you within an hour of 2 national forests? Just 5 minutes from 1 university (Sam Houston State) and an hour from another (Texas A&M)? It’s just 1 mile to West Hill Mall and CineStar, and 2 miles to the Raven Nest Golf Course, with Walmart in between. If you like a good walk, life at Creekside retirement community offers plenty of incentives; when you’re rarin’ to go, everywhere is your backyard. Indeed, if you’ve a hankering for just-caught seafood and want to make it a day trip, Galveston on the Gulf Coast is 2-3 hours southeast.
- 2 miles to Sam Houston State University
- 2.1 miles to Raven Nest Golf Course
- 2.8 miles to Sam Houston Memorial Museum
- 2.7 miles to Huntsville Pet Clinic
- 4.1 miles to Texas Prison Museum
- 4.2 miles to HEARTS Veterans Museum of Texas
- 5 miles to Texas A&M, College Station
- 5 miles to Sam Houston National Forest
- 3 miles to Davy Crockett National Forest
- 5 miles to Houston
- 121 miles to Galveston (seafood!)
With everything this close, you can have fun with the interactive map and plan what to do when you visit.