BEST REHAB IN GREATER HUNTSVILLE.
Rehab can reshape lives and restore lost abilities after an injury, illness or surgery. (Common conditions that often require Rehab, for example, include joint replacement surgery, memory loss or stroke.) At Creekside, we treat you physically, spiritually, emotionally and socially as we provide the short-term senior Rehabilitation services that help enable you to return home, whether “home” is your Catered Living residence, your house in Huntsville, TX, or elsewhere in Walker County.
WHERE DOES CREEKSIDE REHAB HAPPEN?
Full-time personalized Rehab is provided on our campus through The Heights Health Care. You’ll enjoy a private or companion suite overlooking the landscaped courtyards and garden areas. Our permanent team of experienced professionals includes a licensed Skilled Nursing staff, a full-time Life Enrichment Coordinator and a Consultant Dietician. We also have a comprehensive rehabilitation team that includes physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists and more.
WHAT CAN REHAB DO?
After socialization, Rehab is one of a physician’s best ways to help those in a long-term care facility for seniors stay healthy and live longer. You may be familiar with PT (physical therapy), OT (occupational therapy) and ST (speech therapy), but you may not know that these and other forms of Rehab can:
- Improve balance
- Improve functional endurance for ADLs
- Increase activity and participation
- Increase safety
- Provide patient education and self-management
- Promote optimal quality of life and improve outlook
- Reduce pain
- Significantly increase range of motion
- Significantly reduce the risk of falls and injuries
WHO’S ON MY TEAM?
Expect a well-coordinated team that integrates physical, occupational and speech therapies and ensures that your recovery moves at the right speed to keep you properly challenged on all fronts. Your team includes your diagnosing physician, nurse, social worker, dietician, all your therapists and — as much as they want to be involved and can be helpful — select family members. Our resident-to-staff ratio is one of the best in the area. Once you’re working hard and making progress, the role of each team member in your progress — and your success — will become clear.
PT, OT, ST – AND MORE T.
Creekside Rehab services — that is, rehabilitation and responsive care, assessment and symptom management — include PT (physical therapy), OT (occupational therapy) and ST (speech therapy) plus these specialty therapies:
- Cognitive therapy. Following a brain injury, cognitive therapy helps to regain, maintain or compensate for difficulties involving attention, planning, task completion, social behavior or safety – affecting the ability to succeed at work, home and school.
- Functional conditioning. When a decline in cardiac output results in painful joints, poor balance and struggles to do ADLs (activities of daily life), functional conditioning brings a resident back to the best of their ability.
- Neurorehabilitation. Following injury to the nervous system (e.g., stroke, MS, Parkinson’s, etc.), this therapy seeks to reduce symptoms (including pain), improve well-being and minimize functional change. Occupational and speech therapies fall under this category, as do physiotherapy, psychological therapy and vision therapy.
- Orthopedic therapy. Following an injury to the musculoskeletal system – often a broken bone – orthopedic therapy focuses on helping the resident reduce pain and regain strength, motion and activity.
- VitalStim® Therapy. Residents who’ve been intubated often suffer from dysphagia, or difficulty in swallowing. VitalStim is the only FDA-approved therapy to treat dysphagia, and Creekside is the only Huntsville provider to offer VitalStim.
- In addition, Creekside offers specialty rehab treatments and programs for:
- Balance assessment
- Cardiovascular therapy
- Fall prevention
- Follow-up with physicians
- Home safety inspections
- Orthopedic conditions
- Outpatient care
- Pain management
- Parkinson’s disease
- Pre- and post-surgery
- Speech/language therapy
REHAB, RECOVERY, RATES.
If you need, will need or have a loved one who’ll need therapy in the future, whether you’re a Creekside resident or live in Huntsville or greater Walker County, talk to your doctor now about Creekside Rehabilitation. Contact us to start a conversation about your personal insurance situation. We want to help — and we want to help your body heal to be its best and strongest.
Put these 4 criteria on your short list:
- Care. Centers offer varying levels of care; some focus on long-term care while others specialize in post-op care. What do you need most?
- Licensure. Is the center licensed and certified for the specialty you need? If not, end of story.
- Staff. Don’t hesitate to ask about the staff’s training and qualifications. Visit the center and see how therapists interact with residents to quickly get a sense of whether their style (laid-back or by-the-book) might match your own.
- Amenities. Every center is different. Ask if the online list of amenities is up to date. When you visit, check for residence renovations and technology upgrades. How comfortable are you? Is this the right place?
If a resident needs IV antibiotic therapy, has had surgery or for any other reason is coming from the hospital, a short-term stay in Rehab is an appropriate and safe transition to a slightly lower level of nursing care. In these cases, residents often successfully transition to a Creekside Assisted Living apartment.
Based on the attending physician’s certification, each treatment plan is individualized to address a specific need for rehab. Following admission, the therapy team meets to review the treatment plan and recommend an appropriate schedule. All therapists will work closely with the most important person on the team: you.