TOP-NOTCH SKILLS. GREAT BIG HEART. IS THIS YOU?
At Creekside and through MRC (Methodist Retirement Communities), we believe in a program we call ICARE. It’s a handy acronym, and in terms of how we live and work, it means:
- Integrity: We’re ethical and honest in all we do and say.
- Compassion: We respond to the whole person and answer all kinds of needs.
- Accountability: We’re responsible for all of our own actions.
- Respect: We treat each person as an individual of worth, dignity and value.
- Excellence: We work hard to be the best as well as a role model.
Translated into real life, it means making a personal commitment to demonstrating one of these values every day you come to work at Creekside. Initially, you’ll find yourself thinking, “Good grief! How can I show integrity, compassion, accountability, respect or excellence?” But pretty soon, especially as you work on teams with the rest of the staff, you’ll see the real benefits of these values in action – and if you’re like many of us, you may wonder what life was like before you undertook this challenge.
If you think you’re an ICARE person and would like to work with like-minded people, we’d certainly like to hear from you!