VEGETABLE – SOCKEYE SALMON FOIL PACK
Who says eating Heart Healthy has to be boring!
Preheat oven to 400*F
- 4 – 4 oz. Sockeye Salmon
- 1 zucchini (large)
- 1 yellow squash (large)
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 sweet red onion (medium)
- 1 cup of portabella mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 navel oranges (slice two of the oranges to yield 8 slices and half the other)
- 2 limes
- Seasoning (this is up to you) I use paprika, parsley, rosemary, basil, onion powder, garlic salt and fresh ground pepper. Total is about 2 TBS. The mix I use is roughly ¼ tsp of each with the pepper being on the heavier side.
- ¼ cup Olive Oil (divided)
- Prepare the Olive Oil by squeezing the juice of 1 orange and the 2 limes.
- Wash and pat dry salmon and set aside.
- Clean vegetables and cut vegetables in your favorite way (size and shape does not matter!)
- Use half of the Olive oil mix for the salmon. Coat salmon well and season with half of the seasoning mix.
- Combine remaining Olive oil mix, seasoning mix and add to vegetables and mix well.
- Place 1 salmon steak on foil sheet along with 1 cup of the vegetable mix and top with 2 orange slices and wrap tightly and securely in the foil.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until salmon is cooked and vegetables are at desired texture.
Recipe provided by Creekside Executive Director James Logan