YOU’RE NOT ALONE.
A new journey begins when you or someone you love is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or other form of age-related dementia. This journey seems to be marked by constant, gradual loss and the challenge to live with the perpetual grief of what could have been. This difficult road should not be traveled alone. Our team is prepared to offer a helping hand as well as a firm shoulder to lean on as you face the overwhelmingly complex ups and downs of memory loss. You are never alone on this journey when you come to Creekside. You’ll find a network of likeminded caregivers, professionals and families, all seeking the same outcome, to make life good for the elder- no matter what. Give us a call to start a confidential conversation today.
A UNIQUE APPROACH.
In Huntsville, you’ll find that Creekside stands alone in offering a certified Memory Support neighborhood with specially trained staff. But that isn’t the only thing that sets us apart, it’s really our unique approach. We understand that each person is different. Each may have a different taste in food, hobbies, backgrounds and personal preferences. Which means a unique approach is necessary to meet the needs of each individual. You see, many care settings are designed to meet the needs of the staff, not the elder. For example, showers and bedtime routines are built around what works best for the staff. Not at Creekside! We seek to empower the elder to maintain control over their own patterns and our staff happily accommodate. Want to go to bed early tonight? OK! Ready for a shower first thing in the morning? We’ll make it work! Hungry for a midnight snack? We can handle that! After all, we are in the business of making life good which means it should be lived on your terms.
HAND IN HAND TRAINING
Evident in programs and activities that help residents through the day with less strain and more joy, Hand in Hand Training – the CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) program – equips our staff with the ability to assist each resident.
- Staff members respect residents’ dignity, increasing their self-esteem
- Staff training includes how-tos of resident interaction, reducing behavior concerns and controlling medication needs
- Staff members learn each resident’s history and incorporate the knowledge into daily life
- Families can track their loved one’s progress via regular reviews
- Support groups connect families to share concerns
- Residents’ improvements in sleep, nutrition and hydration can often improve relations with family members
MUSIC & MEMORY®
It’s proven that by calming chaotic brain activity and improving focus, music can connect with those with dementia, helping them to reconnect. That’s why we’ve made Music & Memory® an integral part of our Memory Support program. Join us for classes, and learn how music can relax and focus your loved one while it quickly brightens the day.
WOrking up an appetite.
There is no way around it, food is a big part of our lives. It can be a source of nourishment but it can also be so much more than that. It’s an opportunity to socialize, renew our energy and experience nostalgia when tasting familiar flavors. For someone living with memory loss, maintaining an interest in food and a healthy appetite can be critically important. That’s why we put a great deal of focus on our menu and meal delivery. Here are a few things you should know about our philosophy on food:
- Everything on our menus is fresh and made from scratch. We don’t serve processed or re-heated foods.
- Food presented in an attractive way to maximize interest. Pureed food is piped onto the plate to resemble the actual food.
- Autonomy is central to a strong appetite. Residents themselves get to select from the menu at each meal- our team is always nearby to lend a hand.
SPECIAL SERVICES AND AMENITIES
Keeping secure watch also includes these necessities:
- Activity area and living room
- Assistance with personal care
- Chef-prepared meals and snacks
- Homelike country kitchen
- Individualized social activities
- Medication administration
- On-site 24/7 licensed nursing staff
- Secure courtyard with walking path
- Separate resident laundry
GOT MORE QUESTIONS? WE’VE GOT MORE ANSWERS.
Call our expert team today to understand more about pricing, availability and programing. Or, any questions that are weighing heavy on your mind. Our door is always open; how can we help?