BEST REHAB IN GREATER HUNTSVILLE.
Rehab can reshape lives and restore lost abilities after an injury, illness or surgery. Common conditions that often require Rehab might include; joint replacement surgery, memory loss or stroke to only name a few. At Creekside, we treat you physically, spiritually, emotionally and socially as we provide the short-term senior Rehabilitation services that help enable you to return back to your way of life with improved strength and confidence.
What to expect.
Full-time personalized Rehab is provided on our campus in the Skilled Nursing neighborhood called The Heights Health Care. You’ll enjoy a private or companion suite overlooking the landscaped courtyards and garden areas. Our permanent team of experienced professionals includes Registered Nurses, Licensed Vocational Nurses, Certified Medication Aides, Certified Nurse’s Aides, a full-time Life Enrichment Coordinator, Social Worker and a Consultant Dietician. Each individual’s care plan has the careful oversight of our Medical Director who is a Board-Certified Physician. You’ll also work closely to set goals and establish routines with our comprehensive rehabilitation team that includes Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists and more.
WHAT CAN REHAB DO?
You may be familiar with PT (physical therapy), OT (occupational therapy) and ST (speech therapy), but you may not know that these and other forms of Rehab can:
- Improve balance
- Improve functional endurance for ADLs
- Increase activity and participation
- Increase safety
- Provide patient education and self-management
- Promote optimal quality of life and improve outlook
- Reduce pain
- Significantly increase range of motion
- Significantly reduce the risk of falls and injuries
SPecialty Therapies too.
Creekside Rehab services — that is, rehabilitation and responsive care, assessment and symptom management — include PT (physical therapy), OT (occupational therapy) and ST (speech therapy) plus these specialty therapies:
- Cognitive therapy. Following a brain injury, cognitive therapy helps to regain, maintain or compensate for difficulties involving attention, planning, task completion, social behavior or safety – affecting the ability to succeed at work, home and school.
- Functional conditioning. When a decline in cardiac output results in painful joints, poor balance and struggles to do ADLs (activities of daily life), functional conditioning brings a resident back to the best of their ability.
- Neuro-rehabilitation. Following injury to the nervous system (e.g., stroke, MS, Parkinson’s, etc.), this therapy seeks to reduce symptoms (including pain), improve well-being and minimize functional change. Occupational and speech therapies fall under this category, as do physiotherapy, psychological therapy and vision therapy.
- Orthopedic therapy. Following an injury to the musculoskeletal system – often a broken bone – orthopedic therapy focuses on helping the resident reduce pain and regain strength, motion and activity.
- VitalStim® Therapy. Residents who’ve been intubated often suffer from dysphagia, or difficulty in swallowing. VitalStim is the only FDA-approved therapy to treat dysphagia, and Creekside is the only Huntsville provider to offer VitalStim.
- In addition, Creekside offers specialty rehab treatments and programs for:
- Balance assessment
- Cardiovascular therapy
- Fall prevention
- Follow-up with physicians
- Home safety inspections
- Orthopedic conditions
- Outpatient care
- Pain management
- Parkinson’s disease
- Pre- and post-surgery
- Speech/language therapy
REHAB, RECOVERY, RATES.
If you need, will need or have a loved one who’ll need therapy in the future, whether you’re a Creekside resident or live in the area, talk to your doctor now about Creekside Rehabilitation. Contact us to start a conversation about your personal insurance situation. We want to help — and we want to help your body heal to be its best and strongest.